As a car buyer, you’ve experienced the uneasy feeling of maintaining your vehicle. In most recent years, advances in technology have lessened visits to the service department, but routine service should still not be missed. Our dealership is a safe haven for your car, catering to its specific needs, like a preventative care center. One of the main questions you ask when purchasing a new or used vehicle is: How reliable it is? In today’s blog, we provide some tips to maintaining your vehicle and how to extend the already long life of your vehicle.
1. Read the vehicle manual and schedule maintenance appointments - Keeping up with your vehicle’s scheduled maintenance is key to avoiding costly problems to the cooling system, drivetrain, suspension etc…
2. Call your dealership and ask questions – We’re here to help. If you have any service questions feel free to call us with your questions.
3. Have your dealership check fluids – Always come in and ask us check the level of antifreeze, oil, transmission fluid, and brake fluid regularly.
4. Change oil regularly – By changing your oil when your dealership requests it, you can protect your engine. Every car is different, so call us to get the exact information for your specific vehicle make and model.
5. Request a fluid flush every two years – By flushing the power steering, brake, and cooling system fluid when it is pertinent, you can cleanse your car’s liquids in one fell swoop. However, if you have gone more than 50k miles without a change, on many transmissions, it is not the greatest idea to do so. It can cause breakdown varnish and other solids that have built up in the transmission over time.
6. Have the tires rotated – Having your tires rotated at your nearest dealership should be second nature. By doing so, you can avoid uneven wear and tear on the tread, extending the life of your tires.
These are just a few tips to help you maintain your vehicle in your daily commute, feel free to add your comments below!